Home / News / Allen West / North Korea to the United States: It’s ON

North Korea to the United States: It’s ON

North Korea’s foreign minister is no stranger to opening his mouth and issuing (what he no doubt believes to be) bold statements. Just a few weeks ago, he announced that Donald Trump had declared war on his country in a tweet. Now, Rocket Man’s mouth piece has done it again.

In an interview with a Russian state-run news outlet (the only kind in that country) the so-called “foreign minister” proclaimed that Donald Trump has “lit the wick of war.”

The story was picked up by The Hill.

Advertisement – story continues below

Related Stories

North Korea to the United States: It's ONO'Keefe BOMBSHELL: Social media is rigged for LIBERALSHere's how NBC tried to bury the Harvey Weinstein scandal — and failed MISERABLY

“North Korea’s foreign minister said in an interview with a Russian state-run news outlet published Wednesday that President Trump has “lit the wick of war” with his aggressive rhetoric in a speech to the United Nations General Assembly last month.

“With his bellicose and insane statement at the United Nations, Trump, you can say, has lit the wick of a war against us,” Ri Yong Ho was quoted as telling Russia’s TASS news agency, according to Reuters. “We need to settle the final score, only with a hail of fire, not words.”

Trump said in his speech at the General Assembly that the U.S. would “totally destroy” North Korea if it threatened the U.S. or its allies. The president also called North Korean leader Kim Jong Un “Rocket Man,” referring to the country’s continued missile tests.

Kim and Trump have traded verbals shots in recent months as North Korea continues to pursue its goal of attaining a missile capable of delivering a nuclear warhead to U.S. soil.

North Korea launched two ballistic missiles over neighboring Japan, a U.S. ally, in August and September in defiance of U.N. sanctions aimed at starving Pyongyang’s economic resources.

“Our principal position is that we will never agree to any talks in which our nuclear weapons will be the subject of negotiations,” North Korea’s foreign minister told TASS, according to Reuters.

Trump on Tuesday discussed a “range of options” with his national security team on action against North Korea, the White House said.

The president has repeatedly alluded to the use of force as an option in containing the North Korean threat.

Trump tweeted last week saying that “only one thing will work” against North Korea, voicing his frustration with failed negotiations under previous administrations. “

For those a bit rusty on their Korean, a street translation of what the foreign minister said might be, “It’s on.”

Of course, Rocket Man and his crew are big on talk and flexing their muscles through ballistic missile tests and other shows of strength. But they haven’t done the one thing most bullies don’t — actually hit someone. Yet.

[NOTE: This article was written by Derrick Wilburn, Founder and Chairman of the Rocky Mountain Black Conservatives, and a speaker, author, columnist and analyst for multiple print and broadcast media outlets. Follow him on Facebook and at RMBlackConservatives.com.]

Original Article

Check Also

FBI confirms Comey let Hillary off the hook — and Trump’s FURIOUS

Judging by this morning’s round of Trump tweets, the POTUS is especially glad he fired …

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *