- Wed, 18 Oct 2017 15:51:50 +0000: Can ISIS Survive the Defeat In Raqqa? - Newsweek - ISIS - Google News
NewsweekCan ISIS Survive the Defeat In Raqqa?
As the last remaining ISIS fighters are hunted down in Raqqa after a four-month Kurdish-led and US-backed offensive, some are heralding the group's final defeat, three years and four months after it declared its 'Caliphate' across Syria and northern Iraq.
Trump takes credit for ISIS 'giving up'
Trump says he's the reason ISIS is 'giving up'
The Week Magazine
Ex-Obama, Bush officials spar over credit for ISIS fall in Raqqa
The Hill Investor's Business Daily- Here And Now- Vox all 4 news articles »
- Wed, 18 Oct 2017 11:50:55 +0000: ISIS' power is waning, but its child slave trade is still booming - CNN - ISIS - Google News
CNNISIS' power is waning, but its child slave trade is still booming
Dohuk, Iraq (CNN) A lonely four-year-old stands on a patch of waste ground that passes for a football field. This is where he plays, silent and alone. After years in ISIS slavery, Lazem is finally safe. But he has no one to talk to and, until a few ...
and more »
- Wed, 18 Oct 2017 09:02:08 +0000: With Loss of Its Caliphate, ISIS May Return to Guerrilla Roots - New York Times - ISIS - Google News
New York TimesWith Loss of Its Caliphate, ISIS May Return to Guerrilla Roots
New York Times
A large share of its attacks in the West in recent years have been carried out by men who communicated online with ISIS, taking detailed instructions through encrypted messages, but never meeting their terrorist mentors. Continue reading the main story.
Is ISIS defeated in Iraq and Syria?
SitRep: ISIS 2.0 On The Way
Foreign Policy (blog)
The Ignominious End of the ISIS Caliphate
The New Yorker Los Angeles Times- Washington Post- NPR all 655 news articles »
- Wed, 18 Oct 2017 03:39:17 +0000: Philippines Calls City 'Liberated,' Months After ISIS Allies Seized It - New York Times - ISIS - Google News
New York TimesPhilippines Calls City 'Liberated,' Months After ISIS Allies Seized It
New York Times
A Philippine soldier in Marawi last month. On Tuesday, gunfire could be heard in parts of the city, as militant holdouts continued a last stand. Credit Jes Aznar for The New York Times. MANILA — Flanked by soldiers and officers, President Rodrigo ...
ISIS-affiliated leaders killed in Southern Philippines
The valuable death of ISIS-Philippines leader, Isnilon Hapilon
Why victory in Marawi doesn't mean the end of ISIS in Asia
KTVQ Billings News CBS News- TIME- The Guardian all 737 news articles »
- Tue, 17 Oct 2017 22:57:56 +0000: Raqqa Recaptured From ISIS by US Backed Militias - NBCNews.com - ISIS - Google News
NBCNews.comRaqqa Recaptured From ISIS by US Backed Militias
Raqqa Recaptured From ISIS by U.S. Backed Militias. Tue, Oct 17. Raqqa was once a base for ISIS to plot terrorist attacks, but the jihadist group's territory has shrunk from the size of Virginia to a few scattered areas, mainly in southeast Syria ...
and more »
- Tue, 17 Oct 2017 20:59:53 +0000: Liberation Of Raqqa Will Be A Powerful Blow To ISIS - NPR - ISIS - Google NewsLiberation Of Raqqa Will Be A Powerful Blow To ISIS
NPR's Mary Louise Kelly speaks with reporter Joby Warrick of The Washington Post and author of the Pulitzer Prize-winning book "Black Flags: The Rise Of ISIS" about the status of ISIS after the loss of their de facto capitol, Raqqa. Facebook; Twitter ...
- Tue, 17 Oct 2017 20:37:30 +0000: The rise and fall of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria - Washington Post - ISIS - Google News
Washington PostThe rise and fall of the Islamic State in Iraq and Syria
... in Iraq — began seizing key cities in 2014 with the capture of Fallujah, Tikrit and Mosul. [U.S.-backed force claims capture of Islamic State's de facto Syrian capital, Raqqa]. 2014. 2015. 2016. 2017. Tikrit. Retaken. March 31, 2015. Fell to ISIS ...
and more »
- Tue, 17 Oct 2017 16:51:58 +0000: ISIS arrests: How many are from travel ban countries? - CNN - ISIS - Google News
CNNISIS arrests: How many are from travel ban countries?
But plots like the US Project illustrate the complexity in combating ISIS and other jihadist organizations. The travel ban would not have stopped the conspirators from coming to the United States. None of them are from the travel ban countries ...
and more »
- Tue, 17 Oct 2017 15:39:00 +0000: The War on ISIS Held the Middle East Together - The Atlantic - ISIS - Google News
The AtlanticThe War on ISIS Held the Middle East Together
Just before ISIS rose from fringe extremist group to the world's leading transnational, violent proto-state, the Middle East was riven by destabilizing conflicts that threatened to blow the already-teetering region apart. Syria and Iraq were imploding ...
Infighting in Iraq threatens war to defeat ISIS
Iraq sweeps up more territories from Kurds after taking Kirkuk
The US Wants To Keep The Focus On ISIS But Its Iraqi Allies Are Moving On
BuzzFeed News Stars and Stripes- The Guardian- RT all 2,417 news articles »
- Tue, 17 Oct 2017 00:12:00 +0000: Dozens of ISIS fighters killed after US strikes Yemen camps - ABC News - ISIS - Google News
NewsweekDozens of ISIS fighters killed after US strikes Yemen camps
About 50 ISIS fighters were killed in U.S. military airstrikes in Yemen targeting two training camps in the country's central region. One of the camps had gained notoriety last week as the scene of an ISIS training video that showed images of ISIS ...
Trump Targets ISIS in Yemen for First Time With Strikes on Training Camps
First US airstrike targeting ISIS in Yemen kills dozens
Pentagon: Dozens of ISIS fighters killed in Yemen strikes
The Hill Department of Defense- NBCNews.com- Business Insider- Sputnik International all 65 news articles »
Home / Latest on ISIS